Our client has set up offices in the Netherlands with the aim to build a state of the art eCommerce solution for her products which are being sold worldwide. For this company we are looking for a senior DevOps Support Engineer.
In this role you help to transform the IT organisation with your technical knowledge and best practices. You have vision how to improve quality and increase time to market. You are part of DevOps team using Agile principles as continuos integration and deployment. As a person you are enthusiastic, you have passion, like to share your knowledge, you have a drive to make things better, and you like it to be part of a fast growing, international, very driven organisation. We are looking for disciplined responsible engineers that take a personal pride in scalability, availability and uptime.
The baseline individual for this role will be entirely comfortable with the Linux operating system and understand how to run these effectively on modern cloud infrastructure as well as all elements of how to configure Linux, Linux installers, common drivers, and other common open source tools. Experience and enthusiasm for network/systems management and scripting is also a significant requirement.
Responding engineers should be comfortable working directly with both developers and end-users
- Function as a technical generalist responsible for the overall health and performance of our clients technology including both platforms and tooling
- Responsible for continuity of both infrastructure and application landscape (security, disaster recovery, availability)
- Responsible for software deployments and system, application availability and maintainability Develop automation for the management of (deployment, administration, and monitoring) of our clients eCommerce environments
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design Work with development teams to harden, enhance, document, and generally improve the operability of our systems
- Migrate and refactor legacy applications to cloud infrastructure
- Work closely with development teams and participate in the development process managing releases Participate in a 24×7 operations environment
- Assist in fine-tuning our DevOps expertise
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience administering Linux/UNIX installations
- Scripting/programming skills in one or more of: Java, Bash, Python, C, and/or Perl
- Ansible experience is a MUST
- Install, operate, monitor and troubleshoot a highly available MySQL RDMS
- Hands-on experience with operating Java platforms preferred (Tomcat, Glassfish)
- Advanced knowledge of internetwork related concepts including TCP/IP, load balancing, DNS, and reverse-proxy
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and reverse engineering skills at the application-, system and network-level
- High levels of confidence and experience in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, EC2, RDS, VPC, ELB, CloudFormation
- Familiar with software deployment methodologies and best practices
- Experience with continuous build, continuous deployment, revision management (Git) and automated deployment processes and tooling
How does it sound?
- A great working environment with colleagues from all around the world
- Competitive salary
- Gym membership
- 50% discount on clothing
- Relocation package
How does it sound?
In case that you are thinking to make a change and grow professionally, I would be happy to receive an updated CV and schedule a conversation to discuss further. Mail to email@example.com or call +31208950048